Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Studio time



Hi all,

Well I have spent the past 2 days both cleaning up my studio space and painting!!
Sometimes it feels strange picking up a brush again when you have had some time between "paints".
You have to remember the skill and talent you have and believe in yourself and your chosen path!!!!!

Sometimes you have to paint your mistakes out too!!!!! I have done a bit of that lately.....repainting over quite a few dismal attempts at artwork!!!!!!

This is one of my dismal attempts!!!!!! She was supposed to be a pregnant African lady but rather looks like an Egyptian mess:(


To renew my faith in myself......
I wanted to have a go at doing a small painting quickly and see what happened......

This was my attempt!!

Ballet shoes.

I am still unsure whether to work on it some more or whether I quiet like the quick and "rough" aspect of this little painting. (Don't ask me how many paintings lie underneath!!!!!)

Then I have been inspired by David Bromley's work lately. Especially his figures and portraits of women's faces.

I decided that I just wanted to start a painting of figures, and I chose a mother and child and see how it developed as I did it. I wanted it to be slightly abstract and use colour differently to how I normally do.
This is my progress so far.................

There are quite a few technical errors....especially with the child's leg. I think that the angel of the leg is wrong. I still need to work on this. But I do like the rest of the child's body and my use of colour.
I am not sure whether to keep the similar colours in the skirt yet either????
Here is a close up.


I am also not quiet sure of the mother's face....
Proportion might be wrong and she seems very angular!!!!!
Still need to work on her too.

I am also thinking that my next step might be to include some oranges and yellows into the piece.
I am just interested in where it will go and if I can pull it through so that it is a piece of artwork that works and is captivating....or whether it will be another one that bites the dust and is destined for repainting!!!!!

I have also been very inspired by trees lately (as you probably already know).
I have had another painting that has been on my wall that I have been trying to figure out how to resurrect.

Here is my process so far......

I haven't finished the tree yet and am undecided at how to progress with the leaves???? Maybe circles???? Only time will tell.

Its strange I have had my confidence rocked a little bit yesterday...so today I wanted to do things differently and see if I could create a masterpiece in a day...or part of one anyway!!!!
Too much pressure on myself me thinks!!!! Maybe? maybe not?
When I look back on the artworks I have shared in this blog post they all seem so completely different. None jump out as being amazing!!!

Maybe my lesson learnt today is that I need to keep practising and find my rock solid belief in myself again and keep on my creative path.
Or maybe I need serious help and need to do a painting course???!!!!!!

If I don't laugh I will cry!!:)

Still so much to do and I have an hour left until school pick up!!!! So back to the paint and the brush for me:)

Skye:)

No comments:

Post a Comment