Friday, June 10, 2011

Commissions - love them!

Hi all,

I have recently been bombarded by requests for artwork, or commissions!! It is such a thrill thinking that people love your work so much that they are requesting a piece from you. Very cool!!
I love doing them as they provide a whole new set of challenges that push you as an artist and creative being. Plus there is always a time frame attached which makes a busy life, very interesting.

It's wonderful when people tell you what they would like the painting to be about and the colours they would like used. The only tricky thing is that hopefully the image you produce way exceeds the expectations that they have in their minds eye.

These are a few images from my most recent request. I thoroughly loved doing this piece...even though it took me a little while to figure out how I was going to get it to work.



This was the final piece. It was 80"x 24". Sorry it is so small, I tried for ages to make it bigger but just couldn't get it to work!!

This is a close up showing some of the detail, texture and overlapping. Even these little segments would make a wonderful artwork in itself.
Have I told you just how much I love love texture!!!!!!


I love how the material really gives the impression of moving, rippling water.


And these 4 fish in a row!!!!! Gorgeous! I love the spray paint on their gills!



Part of my love for texture is achieved by using mixed media in my work. This piece has material, paper, copper foil, spray paint, acrylic paint, water colour and doilies.


This is a lovely angle seeing the fish swim off into the distance.

Then a great friend of mine had a little play with her iphone and histomatic application and these are the resulting images. I am not too sure about the green images, but it is definitely nice to have a play and see the different effects.



This is me working on the painting.......



I am very pleased that the painting is now hanging on the wall of the owner and I hope that they enjoy it each and every time that they see it and find something new, different and interesting on each viewing!!

I keep thinking that this piece would look stunning with resin poured all over it.
Even turning it into a table top!!!
So many ideas......................................

Skye:) and Starz*

No comments:

Post a Comment