Sunday, July 11, 2010

Finding time or is it time is flying????

Things are starting to take shape.
Oysters, pants and singlets....the ball is rolling, the ideas are flowing and time is flying!!!


I often go through phases in my life. Sometimes all I want to have for breakfast is marmalade on toast with a cup of coffee. I can have it for months without getting tired of it!
Same goes with my painting. I have had a lighthouse phase, a spray paint phase, a lace phase, a grungy phase, and yes, a dark phase and now I think I am going through an oyster shell phase.
I love the roughness of the shell. It looks so textural and inviting. My favourite colours are there too.

What I love about painting is the freedom of expression. Of putting your ideas and a little bit of yourself into each and every work. The fact that it doesn't have to be a photographic representation of the shell but an artistic representation is so exciting and SO much fun.
Not to be trapped by traditions or techniques, so to speak, but to paint with the free abandon and free expression of young children. They live in the moment and enjoy the journey not really worrying about the outcome or other peoples opinion. The work is either a masterpiece or an absolute disaster. Either way it is the love of painting, the learning and the pure enjoyment of it that is important. How time flies when you are having fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I really think your oyster is 'yummy'! It makes me want to reach out and eat it!

    The clothes are adorable! You are so talented!

    Lots of creativity here!
    Happy Flying! xx

    ReplyDelete