Friday, July 30, 2010

Hmmmm....relationships!!

I was putting my daughter to sleep tonight and I thought "I wonder what blog I am going to post tonight? What will it be about? And I should write one because it has been ages!!"
Then I started thinking about relationships, for various reasons...and thought "Yes thats what I am going to blog about."
Relationships are so diverse and so complicated and so convoluted and so interesting and so terrible, (sometimes), and so and so and so.......... But really they don't have to be.
Relationships between mothers and daughters, friends and partners, husband and wife......
I have started thinking about my relationships, in my life and I have come to a conclusion. The only thing that keeps them all real and all healthy and all true is as simple as, staying true to yourself and being honest. You can not compromise yourself or your beliefs for someone else.
I love my Art and being artistic and creative. It makes me feel safe and happy and content and thrilled and centred. It is what I love to do. It is my talent and it is my gift. It is the one thing that centres me and grounds me and makes me feel who I am. And that is a great place to start. It is my place! It is me!
Too often I have tried to keep or make other people happy, but let me tell you it is an impossible feat. I have achieved so much in the last few months and I have never been busier or happier. And the busier and happier and more true to yourself you are, the busier and happier you become. Its lovely!!!!
It's amazing when you start following your dream and living and breathing your talent, what life holds for you and what the universe offers.
My daughter is one of the most special and precious things in my life. I adore her. And I adore her more my following and living my dream....hopefully teaching her to live and aspire to her own dreams.
Life is about the present and loving the people around you and interacting with them positively. Enjoying the people that resonate with you and respecting the ones that don't.
Smile more and give others the compliments they deserve. Praise rather than criticise. Be brave and think...."I think I can, I think I can, I think I can,... I know I can, I know I can .....I did it!!!!!!
What a happy place it could be!!!!

Skye:)

No comments:

Post a Comment